Wednesday, November 20, 2013

DFWA Turner Falls Day Trip

For more DFWA pictures and updates on events visit: DFWA FaceBook
For more DFWA Information on upcoming events visit: DFWA Website

We had a wonderful day for hiking at Turner Falls! The weather and temperature was just right. We hiked to a lesser known cave at the back at the park and it was obvious by the overgrowth of the trail there had not been anyone there in quite some time. I still managed to find it without the need for the GPS. However, upon entry I could see that some seismic activity in the area had caused some stones to become displaced. I checked out the rest of the area and set the rope for the rest of the group. We were within face view of several small bats and everyone seemed to think it was really a neat experience to be underground. Afterward we hiked back and then drove to Lake Murray where we attempted to go to Tucker Tower but it had already closed. Too bad because it is an awesome place with a great view of the lake, especially while the trees are turning. Not all was lost though, we managed to have a campfire at a park nearby and cook up some hotdogs. After everyone departed my dad and I stopped by Winstar and he managed to win $700, so I know he had a good time! I told him the drive back was going to cost more though! : )